|Posted on December 29, 2010 at 4:20 PM|
Keep your carpet just-like-new
Carpet may be one of the easiest types of flooring to take care of. Learn how to keep yours looking great over time with a simple care program:
- Preventive Maintenance – Protecting your investment before problems occur.
- Vacuuming – Prolonging the life and appearance of the flooring
- Spot and Stain Removal – Being prepared for the unavoidable and cleaning up as soon as possible
- Overall Cleaning – Regular cleaning by a professional such as Pacific Steam Carpet Cleaning. This will extend the life and beauty of your carpet.
- Spot Cleaner – Have on hand a spotter to clean those unavoidable spots or stains that need attention ASAP.
No Carpet is absolutely stain proof
Some carpets have stain resistant treatments that improve your ability to clean stains, but not prevent them. Similarly, carpets with soil resistant treatments reduce the rate of soiling, but all carpets require regular care and maintenance. Resist carpet soil and stains with a good carpet spotter.
Stains and Soil
The majority of stain complaints are actually soil related. For example, many sugar-based spills, such as Soda, coffee and Juices, leave a residue after cleaning it up. This sticky residue attracts soil from ordinary traffic from shoes and feet, therefore resulting in a discolored area which appears to be a stain.
This also happens when spills are cleaned with a detergent solution and the area is not sufficiently rinsed with plain water, leaving a sticky detergent residue. It is important to rinse thoroughly with water and blot dry after removing any spill.
You will want to reference your Residential Carpet Warranty for specific care requirements.